Saturday, April 23, 2011

Keeping it simple- cloth wipes!



Here is just a small tutorial on making your own cloth wipes. They are not super fancy, just keeping it simple. You will be wiping poop with these little guys, sooo don't get too fancy. Its probably the easiest sewing project I have ever done :)

Materials you need.

Flannel material - As much as you want, for mine I only had 1/2 a yard left and it made 12 small wipes.
(you could probably hand stitch these, but I used a sewing machine)
Iron

Step 1. Cut the desired size from your flannel. I try to make them all the same size..


 Step 2. Iron down a 1/4 inch seam all the way around the edges:


It should look like this when you are done Ironing:


Step 3. Zig zag stitch  all the way around your fabric like so :




 Step 4: Make sure to back stitch at the beginning and end! and you are all done!! :)



I love this project, its so easy and does not take up much time at all. If you have old towels you can easily recycle them into Cloth wipes too. I will probably make some out of towel material for those "heavy duty" clean ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment